Tournaments are competition Poker tables. Your goal is to continuously finish with a stronger hand than those of your opponents and win the first prize. Tournament games are not finished until one Player has taken all the chips.
All Betsafe Poker Black game types can be played as either Single Table tournaments or Multi-Table tournaments.
In Tournament poker the rules of the type of Poker game played apply, however there are also tournament specific rules that apply. Check out the Tournament Rules section for more information.
You can choose to play at the following tournament table types:
Single Table Tournaments only require one single table. The number of Players required to start the tournament is limited. They run continuously, provided that the required number of Players has joined the tournament.
Single Table Tournaments are displayed in the 'Choose Your Game' box in the Lobby. You may join the tournament at any time. Once the minimum number of Players required has joined the tournament, the tournament begins.
- Tournament poker games use the rules of the Poker game played, but there are tournament specific rules that apply.
- To join a Single Table Tournament you follow the same procedure as joining a normal Poker game, except when you sit down at a Single Table Tournament you must pay a fixed buy-in amount
Multi-Table Tournaments are Scheduled Tournaments and Sit and Go Tournaments that consist of one or more tables to accommodate each Player that registers for the tournament.
All game types in Betsafe Poker Black can be played as a Multi-Table Tournament.
Sit and Go Tournaments are displayed in the Multi-Table game type option in the Choose Your Game box in the Lobby. You may join the tournament at any time. Once the minimum number of Players required has joined the tournament, the tournament begins.
Multi-Table Tournaments are displayed in the Multi-Table game type option in the Choose Your Game box in the Lobby. When the tournament is open for registration, you may then register for the tournament. The tournament begins at the specified start time.
- You can join the tournament once it has started.
- The maximum number of Players that can enter the tournament may be limited or not, depending on the tournament.
- The number of prize positions offered in a tournament determines the minimum number of Players required for the tournament to begin. For example, if a tournament offers prizes for first, second and third place in the tournament, the tournament requires a minimum of three Players to begin. If the minimum number of Players required has not registered at the time the tournament is scheduled to begin, the tournament is automatically cancelled. All buy-in amounts and entrance fees are refunded to your accounts.
- To play in a tournament that you have registered for, all you need to do is log on to the Betsafe Poker system prior to the tournament's start time on the day of the tournament. Once the tournament is open, you will be automatically seated at the table to play.
- As Players are eliminated from the tournament, remaining Players are moved and tables are consolidated, until only one table remains in the tournament. This is known as Table Balancing.
- The tournament does not begin until the specified tournament start time.
- The maximum number of Players that can join a Multi-Table tournament may be limited or not, depending on the specific tournament requirements.
- If the minimum number of Players required has not registered at the time the tournament is scheduled to begin, the tournament is automatically cancelled.